8 Important Marketing Trends for 2023
It’s no secret that marketing trends are constantly changing and that it’s important to be on top of what’s happening as well as what’s a fit for your business. To that end, let’s look ahead and see what’s forecasted to be big in 2023 when it comes to marketing!
- Partnerships with influencers. Working with known individuals, aka “influencers,” to create brand awareness isn’t going anywhere. Businesses enjoy the relationships because they drive conversations, build connections and reach target audiences.
- Live stream video content. Bite-sized videos like Instagram’s reels and TikTok shorts continue to demand attention as video remains more popular than a static post in most instances, especially with millennials and Gen Z. Live streams with influencers help potential buyers to feel like they are part of the conversation.
- User-generated material. Thinking unboxing videos, makeup reviews and photo tags here. Consumers see this content as authentic versus content created directly by brands themselves.
- Enhanced user experiences online. Consumers are looking for businesses to keep things simple, especially when it comes to navigating websites. Consider streamlining yours by keeping information on main landing pages short and to-the-point.
- Interactive content. Consider developing content that encourages two-way experiences, including: quizzes, interactive infographics, games, contests, and assessments.
- Social responsibility and reputation. Today more than ever before, consumers want to support brands that give back. According to one study, more than half of U.S. consumers factor values into their purchase choices, and 66 percent are willing to pay more for goods from brands that demonstrate social commitment. Consider the missions of Bombas and TOMS, for example.
- Representation and inclusivity. These issues (diversity, equity, and inclusion) are also increasingly important to consumers and are social matters they want to see brands they are investing in taking seriously. Be sure you’re not alienating any portion of your target audience with your marketing efforts. Did you know that 54 percent of consumers do not feel culturally represented in online advertising?
- Prioritize privacy. Many companies are working to put new systems in place to ensure customers feel secure when it comes to providing personal information, especially in the age of increased cyberattacks.
Does something on this list strike a chord with you? It should! Don’t be intimidated to try something new. That’s why we’re here! We can help develop a plan to implement your to-do list in 2023.
Want to learn more? Let’s chat! Reach out to us at 610.223.7102 or online at socialclovermarketing.com.